UAE is a fast-paced economy with a lot of opportunities in Dubai if you have the right skill set. If you have made up your mind about moving there, then there are some things that you need to take care of. The following checklist will help you sort things out properly and make the process of moving to UAE quite easy for you.
Moving to UAE
- Make sure that you have a valid passport when you apply for any job in UAE. A validity of at least 6 months is required, so if you are short on that time, then renew your passport first before applying.
- Securing employment prior to moving is necessary to make your move smooth and easy. There are countless opportunities in Dubai that you can explore, and the chances are that your employer will sponsor your move and handle the paperwork for you.
- Fulfill any health-related requirements that the country has including vaccinations for communicable diseases. Also check for any medication that you may need when moving to UAE.
- Create a financial plan for your move to UAE and check all the potential costs involved to make sure you have saved up enough. This should cover everything including your moving costs and some extra savings to help you set yourself up. Places like Dubai require a hefty income to survive, so make sure you have enough to keep you going until you are fully settled.
- Taxation in the UAE may be different from your country, and you may also be required to let your local tax office know that you are moving to UAE. Check for any procedures involved, so you account for all your tax payments on time.
- If you are moving with your family, you will also want to look for good schools. This can be a time-consuming process, so make sure you do it early and find out any fees that you may need to pay before your children can start their schooling.
- You are not allowed to open a bank account in the UAE with a resident visa, so preparing for that is also necessary. Having an international bank account that you can use while your residence process in underway is a good idea.
- Check for any documentation that you may require when moving to Dubai or any other state in the UAE. Accommodation may require specialized documentation and if you plan on driving, then an international driving license would also be useful. You can also apply for a local license once you get a residence visa. For children, schools may also ask for previous school reports, so check for those requirements.
- To make your move secure, getting yourself travel insurance is also important. There are a lot of companies offering travel insurance for expats that are moving to the UAE. Keeping yourself safe from potential problems on your way to UAE is highly recommended.
can be quite exciting. The countless opportunities in Dubai
alone can make a move worth your while. Use the checklist shared here to your benefit and get ready for an exciting chapter of your life in UAE.